Saturday, November 22, 2008

Now What?

I think those words sum up my beginning experiences. Having lived the life of a Special Education teacher with a family who could count on the certainties of life; I found myself all of a sudden questioning new experiences dealing with my deployment. To "breaking the news" to my family, to the leave of absence from my job, to the lead-up training stressors, to friends looking at me funny when I told them where I was going , and for how long, and on it went. Until I was on that plane, until those long flights and layovers were through, until I hauled my duffel bags into my quarters and looked around, until then did the "now what's" begin to cease.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't want to put those "now what's" into the back of my mind and forget about them, I want to recount them and think about the lessons learned about stress, fear, family, and anticipation, to name a few. I realize that my response to these feelings have helped shape me, helped mold me into who I am, and although I may not fully understand now, they will change my life. Look me up after this is over, I'll tell you all about it! Now who else would like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

DeployedTeacher.com domain from:

Banner